1. How much does the Sentencing Guidelines App cost?
The Sentencing Guidelines App is available from different App Stores for £25.00 and also requires an Annual Subscription costing £25.00. New customers should contact Ambay Software for assistance getting setup with their subscription.
The App is available from the following AppStores:
2. What does the £25.00 annual subscription provide?
The Annual Subscription provides continuing software updates including changes to judicial content, updates to tools and utilities where required. Judicial updates including updates to the Magistrates’ Court Sentencing Guidelines from The Sentencing Council, Court bench books and pronouncement cards from the Judicial College and other reference material including CPS Legal Guidance.
3. How do I pay for my annual subscription?
We can process your payment over the telephone with a debit or credit card. We support the following cards: ..* Visa / Delta / Electron. ..* MasterCard / Eurocard ..* Maestro ..* American Express
We can send you a request for payment via PayPal.
You can send us a bank transfer. Just ask us for our bank details and include your name or email as a reference.
You can send us a cheque to our offices in the sum of £25.00 payable to Ambay Software Ltd. Include your email address on the reverse of your cheque.
4. How are updates obtained?
Typically we release updates through the relevant App Store. You should check your AppStore for updates. You may also need to check that your device is using the latest version of operating system as some releases will require that platform to operate correctly.
5. How large is the Sentencing Guidelines App?
- Sentencing Guidelines for Apple iOS is approximately 465Mb
- Sentencing Guidelines for Android is approximately 130Mb
- Sentencing Guidelines for Chrome and Chromebook is about 100Mb
- Sentencing Guidelines for Windows is about 100Mb
6. Do you support both Adobe PDF and webpages?
The Sentencing Guidelines App provides the Magistrates’ Court Sentencing Guidelines in two the formats currently supported. These formats are:
- the MCSG Adobe PDF file which includes offences and explanatory materials.
- webpages from The Sentencing Council website providing offences and explanatory materials.
7. Can I add my own documents and resources into the Sentencing Guidelines App?
- For Apple: You can open documents with the Sentencing Guidelines App. This copies your document into the App. You can then file the document into a customised folder structure and also make the document a Favourite or Flagged item.
- For Android: Copy your own documents to your media card into the folder “SentencingGuidelines-MyDocuments”
- Windows and Chrome versions of the App do not My Documents. —
In case you haven’t found the answer for your question please feel free to contact us, our customer support will be happy to help you.